Best Mom & Pop Restaurants in Louisiana
We are all on the look out for the best local places to eat wherever we go, and in Louisiana, we have a lot to choose from! If you have out of town guests coming in for the holidays, no doubt that they will want to eat at one of our famed eateries. My favorites right here in Acadiana are all locally owned, and some of them are just little 'hole in the wall' spots, but that is part of the charm!
The folks at Only in Louisiana have come up with some of the best 'Mom & Pop' restaurants around the state. This is by no means a complete list, but just a guide for your next eating adventure, and we are so happy to see so many Acadiana locations on here! Check out the list below, and feel free to tell us about your favorite Mom & Pop spots, too.
- T Jim's - Cottonport - Cajun sausage and boudin
- Anita's Smokin' Steak Burgers - Boutte - delish homemade burgers
- The Local - Denham Springs - Po boys
- House of Seafood - Bush - seafood buffet
- Poche's - Breaux Bridge - BBQ at it's finest
- Ethel's Snack Shack - Baton Rouge - famous for their soul food and sides
- Myran's Maison de Manger - Arnaudville - home cooked favorites
- Olde Tyme Grocery - Lafayette - Serving Ragin' Cajuns with classic overstuffed po boys
- Blue Light Cafe - Ruston - community gathering place and local specialties
- Lil G's Kajun Restaurant - Belle Chase - seafood classics
- Villagers Cafe - Maurice - huge po boys and fried potato discs
- Tony's Seafood - Baton Rouge - take out only, classic seafood favorites at great prices
- Chicken on the Bayou and Boudin Shop - Henderson - cajun comfort food