Don’t Ever Eat These Things On Valentine’s Day
Are you planning to prepare a spectacular Valentine's feast that you don't have to make a reservation for? That can be either wildly romantic, or a disaster, take your pick.
Delish.com is here to rescue you from some foods that you should never eat if you are in the mood for romance. Don't say I didn't warn you. And Happy Valentine's Day, y'all!
- Steak - I know, I know. It's probably on top of you list, but a big hunk of meat is hard to digest, and you don't want numerous trips to the restroom to interfere with your romantic plans for the evening
- Gin and Tonic - cocktails might seem perfect to get you in the mood for love, but Quinine, which is the main ingredient in tonic water, is a libido killer
- Raw Oysters - as much as we love these in south Louisiana, you don't want your tummy upset on Valentine's night because of some random food borne illness caused by the tasty mollusks
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries - yes, we were puzzled too. But cramping, bloating, and gas can be a side effect of eating fruit if you have a sensitive stomach. And chocolate can cause drowsiness or lethargy, so....maybe skip these if you have 'plans' for after dinner
- Anything with Garlic - no matter how tasty, it's sure to ruin the mood
- Almonds - contains the same ingredient, tryptophan, that makes you fall asleep after a big meal on Thanksgiving. If you want to stay up late, avoid these nuts
- Cheese - lowers libido and messes up your hormones. Not ideal on Valentine's night!