Seven Bad Habits to Get Rid of In The New Year
Happy 2018! It's a great time to get a fresh start, and fastcompany.com has some suggestions about what to ditch for a healthier, happier new year. Bad habits, be gone!
- Striving for the wrong things - instead of focusing on being successful and making more money, how about trying to just be a better at what you do.
- Saying 'yes' to everything - you can pick and choose those things that will help you reach your goals, but not everything falls into that category. Just say no!
- Ignoring signs your body is giving you - as busy as you are, this can be very dangerous. Putting health issues off till later on is never a good idea.
- Being on auto pilot - being productive does not necessarily mean powering through every single event or work day. Breaks and down time are essential to your well being.
- Knowing that 'emotional intelligence' isn't the same thing as being nice - being a doormat is when you tolerate bad behavior from others. You can manage your own emotions and still hold those around you accountable, and you don't have to just 'take it'.
- Letting life's challenges derail your goals - everyone hits a bump or two in the road, but you can't let that undermine your intentions of success. Being brave in the face of adversity is a part of life.
- Being fearful of pursuing your dreams - this holds so many people back. You can either let fear or love rule you. Let it be love, and follow your dreams in 2018!