What Time is the Royal Wedding?
Say what you want to about the British Royal Family, but it looks like they are going to throw the party of the decade this Saturday in London. HRH Prince Harry is marrying American television actress Meghan Markle, and if it's anything like it was when Prince Charles married Diana Spencer, the world will be watching and celebrating.
I distinctly remember my friends and I getting up really, really early to watch the Royal wedding of Diana and Charles, and I did the same thing for Diana's funeral many years later. Are you going to be watching? Here are some fun facts from MSN about the upcoming nuptials. And congratulations to the happy couple!
- The wedding will begin at noon, which is 5:00 am CST
- The ceremony will be at St. George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle
- 600 guests have been invited, although the church can hold 800
- Conducting the ceremony will be the Dean of Windsor, and officiating will be the Archbishop of Canterbury
- We'll find out the official title of the newlyweds after the ceremony
- After the ceremony the couple will get in a horse-drawn carriage to ride around the town of Windsor
- The reception will be held at St. George’s Hall in Windsor Castle, following the carriage ride
- Another more intimate reception will be held for about 250 people at Frogmore House
- So far the honeymoon is secret, but some of the rumored locations include Namibia, Rwanda, and Hawaii