Country Songs to Celebrate Mom [VIDEO]
Mother's Day is this Sunday, May 13th. We are always looking for ways to honor the important women in our lives, even if it's not on an official holiday! And country music clearly has a soft spot for Mama.
Some of my favorite country music songs to celebrate Moms are below. It's my own personal playlist for the ladies in my life, and I especially like 'The Baby' from Blake Shelton. Not only does it make me cry every time I hear it, but Louisiana plays a big part in the song, which makes me love it even more.
And if you don't know who is in the picture above, it's Lady Antebellum's Hilary Scott, and her mother, Grammy Award winning singer, Linda Davis, who was part of Reba's band for years and years. Happy Mother's Day, all!
- 'Mama's Song' - Carrie Underwood
- 'Mr. Mom' - Lonestar
- 'The Baby' - Blake Shelton
- Teenage Daughters' - Martina McBride
- 'Mama Knows' - Shenandoah
- '26 Cents' - The Wilkinsons
- 'I'm the Only Hell My Mama Ever Raised' - Johnny Paycheck
- 'Mama Tried' - Merle Haggard
- 'In My Daughter's Eyes' - Martina McBride
- 'Hot Mama' - Trace Adkins