Fire Destroys An Attached Part Of A Home
Lafayette Fire Department Public Information Officer Alton Trahan says that a fire in an attached dwelling to a home in the 100 block of Pecan Orchard left structure substantially damaged by the fire.
No one was injured by the fire, and the cause of the blaze has been ruled accidental.
Trahan says investigators have determined that a candle was left unattended in that attached dwelling of the home, and it caused the fire.
It took about ten minutes to get the fire under control, and investigators say it was a neighbor who called them when the neighbor saw the smoke and flames.