Five LCG Town Hall Meetings Set For Next Week
A resolution to revamp the Lafayette Consolidated Government charter has led to some concerns that there has not been enough public input on an issue with such longstanding implications.
At Tuesday night's LCG Council meeting, some council members, and some residents, said they preferred deferring the measure over concerns that there was not enough public input on the issue.
In response, five LCG council members have scheduled town hall meetings within their respective districts next week to meet with their constituents.
The meeting dates and locations are as follows:
- District 2 Councilman Jay Castille will host his town hall at the Carencro Community Center on Thursday July 19, 2018 beginning at 6:00 p.m.
- District 3 Councilman Patrick Lewis will host his town hall Thursday, July 19, 2018 at 5:30 pm at the Lafayette City-Parish Council Auditorium located at 705 W. University Ave, Lafayette
- District 4 Councilman Kenneth Boudreaux will host his town hall at the Clifton Chenier Center auditorium on Tuesday July 17, 2018 beginning at 5:30 p.m.
- District 7 Councilwoman Nanette Cook will host her town hall on Wednesday, July 18, 2018 at 5:30 pm at the Comeaux Recreation Center located at 411 W. Bluebird.
- District 8 Councilwoman Liz Hebert will host her town hall on Monday, July 16, 2018 from 5:30pm – 7:00pm at the Southside Regional Library, located at 6101 Johnston Street, Lafayette.