Fun Mardi Gras Celebrations Outside of Louisiana [VIDEO]
Carnival season is here! We love Mardi Gras here in Louisiana, but would you be surprised to know that there are other places around the United States who celebrate Fat Tuesday? And we're not talking about the obvious ones, like Mobile, Alabama, who has a huge Mardi Gras season. NOLA.com has reminded me of some of the other places that celebrate Carnival season. Some of my favorites are below, but be sure to check out the entire article for some fun trivia about Mardi Gras and Carnival season across the USA.
- Juneau, Alaska now hosts their own Masquerade Ball each year
- Dallas,Texas puts a German spin on our favorite Mardi Gras traditions. They replace King Cake with Grilled Brats, Currywurst, Fleischkäse Brötchen, Kartoffelpuffer, & "Karnevals-Krapfen, and call their celebration 'Fasching Fest'
- Minneapolis toasts the season with a Mardi Pub Crawl, and in the spirit of giving, donates proceeds to an organization that provides free meals to the needy
- Orlando, Florida will host a Mardi Gras Parade at Universal Studios that will toss out over a million beads and trinkets. Check out their cool video below
- San Francisco celebrates at a vintage soda fountain that serves Mardi Gras flavored milkshakes, and even offers gift cards to folks who find a baby in their slice of brioche, which I guess is their version of King Cake