How to Make Crawfish Bread [VIDEO]
One of my favorite parts of New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival is heading to the booth that sells delicious crawfish bread. It's always my first stop, and I wouldn't dream of being there without making a bee line to the Food Pavilion as soon as I get inside the gates! And of course, anything with crawfish makes me happy to be near the unbelievable dishes at the Breaux Bridge Crawfish Festival!
Well, you can imagine how excited I was to find out Louisiana Travel not only has a recipe for this classic treat, but a video with instructions on how to put it together. Yay! The ingredients, and preparation for you to make Crawfish Bread are below, but be sure to check out the easy video instructions, your family and friends will be so impressed that you know how to make this time honored Louisiana dish.
For more delicious dishes, recipes, and eating experiences across our beautiful state, be sure to check out the Culinary Trails on Louisiana Travel.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter (½ stick)
- 1 cup chopped green onions (tops and bottoms)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 4 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 pound peeled Louisiana crawfish tails, with fat
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into small squares
- Cajun seasoning, to taste
- 1 (11-ounce) roll refrigerated French bread dough
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese