A reported kitchen fire Tuesday morning has caused the Burger King location at 4520 Ambassador Caffery in Lafayette to close temporarily while workers are cleaning it up.

According to a press release, Lafayette Fire Department spokesman Alton Trahan says the workers had made it safely outside when firefighters arrived on scene shortly after 10:00 AM. Firefighters then put out the fire caused by the broiler in the kitchen. This prevented the fire from causing any major damages.

Fire officials say it was an electrical malfunction that caused the broiler to catch fire.

No one was reported injured.


Gallery — Every Movie Theater Candy, Ranked:



More From Talk Radio 960 AM