Pair Arrested In Multiple Armed Robberies Along Evangeline Thruway
24-year-old Zackary Constantine of Lafayette and a 16-year-old black female are accused in multiple armed robberies on the Evangeline Thruway over the month of October in Lafayette.
LPD spokeswoman Corporal Bridgette Dugas says the pair was caught trying to run away after an alleged armed robbery in the 2100 block of NW Evangeline Thruway on Tuesday. Officers say an undisclosed amount of money was taken during the alleged robbery along with the firearm used.
Investigators say the pair also tried to rob a local gas station in the 1200 block of NW Evangeline Thruway on October 10 and robbed a local business in the 1200 block of NE Evangeline Thruway on October 7.
Constantine faces a slew of charges including:
- 2 counts of Armed Robbery
- 1 count of Principal to Attempted Armed Robbery
- 3 counts of Contributing to the Delinquency of a Juvenile
- 2 counts of Convicted Felon in Possession of a Firearm
- 2 counts of Armed Robbery with a Firearm and Resisting an Officer.
The teenager has been charged with one count of Armed Robbery and one count of Attempted Armed Robbery.