The Perfect Louisiana Day Trips
Sometimes sticking close to home can have it's advantages, especially if you are in a beautiful state like ours, with so much to do and see! We have history and adventures waiting for us all over Louisiana.
- Poverty Point - historic site with more than 400 acres to explore
- Creole Nature Trail - one of only 43 designated scenic by ways in the United States
- Global Wildlife Center - like driving through beautiful Africa, with with wild animals roaming in St Tammany Parish
- Helicopter or Sea Plane Tour - fly waaaay above the beautiful Louisiana scenery
- Tour a Winery - we have several local vineyards and wineries around the state to explore
- The Longleaf Trail Scenic Byway - 17 miles of winding roads through the beautiful Kitsachie National Forest
- Stroll a small town Main Street - we have some of the most beautiful and historic Main Streets in America
- River Road Plantations - drive down roads that are directly on the Mississippi River to see some of Louisiana's oldest plantations and Civil War battlefields
- Visit a State Park - Louisiana has 22 to choose from
- Take a Swamp Boat Tour - perfect to take your out of town visitors on, especially if they want to see an alligator!
- Visit a Flea Market, Antique Store, or Farmer's Market - every small town has these, and Louisiana has some of the best! The Delcambre Seafood and Farmer's Market has been voted one of the Top 100 in America
- Hike one of the many trails at our state parks - perfect for spring and fall in Louisiana
- Pick Your Own Farms - we have an abundance of places across the state to pick your own fruits and vegetables to take home and enjoy