Things You’ll Never Hear Said in South Louisiana
I was chatting with a friend the other day about the weather in regards to how nice it has been lately. But we all know in a few days we'll be in the thick of summer.
The phrase that was uttered by my friend during our conversation that made me turn my head like a dog look at their goofy owner was: "It's not that humid outside today."
Yeah, words virtually never uttered in south Louisiana...ever!
That got me to thinking of things you just never hear in south Louisiana. With a lot of help from friends and listeners of 97.3 The Dawg, here's the running list.
- It's a dry heat.
- I should've bought a heavier jacket.
- You can't eat that.
- I didn't buy anything at Walmart today.
- Let's go snowboarding.
- Verot School Rd rocks!
- I just read this article in the New York Times.
- The drainage in Lafayette Parish is amazing.
- Who's got a snow shovel I can borrow?
- Mais that (animal of your choice) is too cute to put in a gumbo. Let's keep it as a pet.
- I root for the Cajuns AND the Tigers, me.
- How 'bout them Cowboys!
- Roll Tide!
- Y'all's tap water is so refreshing.
- Is there anything besides health food here.
- Want a beer? Nah, I'm good.
- I'll never eat crawfish.
- The humidity here is wonderful.
- Good thing mosquitoes go away in the winter.
- Baton Rouge traffic was great today!
- I can't stand the smell of boudin and cracklins.
- Wanna go swimming in the Vermilion River?
- Sure, take a left on Johnston Street.
- Gumbo, oh no, it's too hot for that.
- Where can I find booze in this town?
- No thanks, I don't need any Tony Chachere's.
- Three pounds is enough.
- You know, I've never been to Cowboy's.
- No bread pudding for me, thanks.
- I stir my roux clockwise.
- Drive-thru daiquiris, that's a dumb idea.
- Sulphur, Louisiana -- ah, smell that fresh air!
- Poo, there's no good looking' ladies here.
The possibilities are virtually endless. Have one to share with us? Email me, email@example.com, and the good ones will get added to the list.