Early Sunday morning there were three fires in Lafayette.

Lafayette Fire Department Spokesman Alton Trahan says no injuries were reported at either of the house fires that happened or the car fire on Ridge Road.

The fire in the 400 block of Orange Street started after a child lit a wooden item from the stove, which was being used to heat the house, and brought it to his room.

The child was not hurt, and the flames were contained only to that room. Everyone was safe. That fire happened at 2:24 a.m.

The second fire happened in the 1000 block of East Alexander just before 3 o'clock that morning, and fire officials say it was caused by a short in the attic.

The home on had minor smoke damage in the attic.

The third fire happened on Ridge Road in front of Roofing Louisiana, but there was no damage to the business.

Firefighters found a call that had been reported stolen on Saturday, had been burned.

Anyone knowing anything about the car fire is asked to call Lafayette Crime Stoppers at 232-TIPS(8477).

More From Talk Radio 960 AM