Walking Away From Grease Proved Devastating For A Lafayette Resident
Yesterday afternoon a Lafayette home was heavily damaged after a fire.
Lafayette Fire Department Spokesman Alton Trahan says that the woman who lived at 106 Potomac Drive left a pot of grease unattended on her stove, and that led to the woman's home being severly damaged by a fire.
One of the family's pets died in the fire that happened at around 3:30 yesterday afternoon, but no persons were hurt or killed.
The woman told investigators that she left the pot with the grease on the stove, and she walked out of the kitchen. The pot of grease got on fire.
The home's kitchen, living room and garage were all heavily damaged.
Trahan says it took firefighters about ten minutes to get the blaze under control.