Want To Be Like Garth and Trisha? Give These ‘Only in Louisiana’ Gifts
Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood made headlines all over the US earlier this week when they sent a boatload of wedding gifts to a couple who came to their show at the Cajundome a couple of weeks ago. Newlyweds Jude and Jamie Blanchard received boxes and boxes of gifts from Garth and Trisha after they held up a sign during the Garth show that said 'Best week ever: Garth this Friday, our wedding next Friday.'
So I got to thinking, if I was going to send a bunch of wedding gifts that represented the great state of Louisiana, what would they be? My own personal list for a giant gift basket is below, but feel free to let me know what your favorite things would be.
- Season football tickets for UL Ragin Cajuns, LSU Tigers, and New Orleans Saints
- A painting by famed Acadiana artist George Rodrigue
- Music from Louisiana artists Harry Connick Jr., Tim McGraw, The Neville Brothers, and Grammy Award winning Zydeco artist Terrance Simien
- Gift basket of Community Coffee
- A king cake flavored wedding cake from Manny Randazzo's in New Orleans, or Meche's Donut King in Lafayette
- A fishing boat charter, leaving out of Grand Isle
- An overnight stay and tour of the most haunted house in America - The Myrtles Plantation in St. Francisville
- A Cajun Microwave from Al Simon
- Cookbooks - from the Junior League of Lafayette 'Talk About Good', and the Junior League of Baton Rouge 'River Road Recipes'
- Handmade duck decoys and a Duck lease in Gueydan
- Gift certificate for boudin, cracklin', jambalaya and gumbo. Any specialty meat market in state can help out with these!
- An authentic Louisiana pirogue from Ron Chapman Shipwright Inc.
- A swamp tour in the Atchafalaya Basin
- A Turducken from Hebert's Specialty Meats in Maurice
- Handmade Frottoirs (Zydeco scrub board), Ti-feras (triangles), and accordians - all made in Acadiana
- A ride on the Krewe of Bacchus Mardi Gras float in New Orleans