Baby Products You Should Never Buy Used
Being a parent is hard. And expensive. But we all want to do the right thing, especially when it comes to our children. If you've ever gone to a garage sale, or one of those big box stores that sells 'overstock', to get things for your baby, or older kids, you need to pay attention to this. Hand me downs are not always what they are cracked up to be.
The folks at reviewed.com have a list of things to never buy used. And we mean never, no matter how good they look. Check them out below, y'all.
- Car Seats - even if they look new, there is still an expiration on these
- Drop Side Cribs - You might have gotten a vintage one from a family member or friend, but don't be tempted to use it. Most of them were recalled in 2011, for a reason.
- Baby Walkers - the American Academy of Pediatrics says these are completely unnecessary, and possibly unsafe
- Strollers made before 2015 - rules on safety were updated in 2015 by the Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Infant swings made before 2013 - same thing from CPSC. Don't take a chance on something that probably had no regulations on it at all before that time period.
- Anything that has been recalled - you can check items under recalls.gov