Crazy, Crazy Louisiana Laws
The great state of Louisiana is unique in itself, but looking at some of the laws that are actually on the books in the Bayou State has even us scratching our heads. Only in Louisiana and DumbLaws.com have brought us a list of some of the wackiest, and, we hope you don't get arrested for any of the ones below!
- It is illegal to lie, especially if you knew you had an intention of lying. Do the state politicians know about this one? Asking for a friend...
- If you are underage in Louisiana, you cannot play foosball without an adult present
- Stealing an alligator can get you up to ten years in jail
- Farmers - before you feed garbage to your hogs, you must cook it first, or you are breaking the law
- It is illegal to rob a bank and use a water pistol to shoot at the teller
- Do not tie your horse to a tree on a public highway, or you can be arrested
- If you are seriously burned, you must report the injury to a Fire Marshall or you're breaking the law
- You cannot pour a drink on the ground at a drive in movie. And if you can find a drive in movie, please let me know where it is!
- In Sulphur, it is unlawful to curse on a phone call
- Urinating in any city water supply can get you up to 20 years in jail
- Fake wrestling matches are prohibited. Does the Cajundome know about this? Not that WWE is not real, or anything...
- You can be arrested for gargling in public in Louisiana
- No reptiles are allowed within 200 feet of a Mardi Gras parade
- Daring someone to go on railroad tracks is prohibited