Free Admission at Eight Acadiana Area Museums This Weekend
If you're looking for something to do this weekend that may be a little different for you, maybe a trip to a local museum might be the ticket.
Well, actually, you won't need a ticket, because there's a good chance it will be free.
The Smithsonian Magazine Museum Day is this Saturday, September 22 and visitors of eight participating Acadiana museums will be able to get in for no charge.
You must first download one ticket per email address, which grants access to a pre-selected museum for up to two visitors.
The following museums in Acadiana are participating in the free day:
- Acadian Memorial and Museum - St. Martinville
- African American Museum - St. Martinville
- Bayou Teche Museum - New Iberia
- Paul and Lulu Hilliard University Art Museum - Lafayette
- Shadows on the Teche - New Iberia
- Vermilionville - Lafayette
- Wedell-Williams Aviation and Cypress Sawmill Museum - Patterson
- Zigler Art Museum - Jennings