Lafayette House Fire Ruled Accidental
The one person who was in a home in the 800 block of 16th street when a fire started made it out alive, but an attached area to the home was destroyed.
Firefighters were called out to the 800 block of 16th Street where it took them only about 15 minutes to put out a blaze that had started near an air conditioning unit.
Lafayette Fire Department Spokesman Alton Trahan says that fire has been ruled an accident, as there was some sort of electrical issue with the air conditioner.
The Acadiana Chapter of the American Red Cross was called out to help the occupant of the home because the attached area was destroyed, and there was major smoke damage to the main portion of the home.