Lafayette Sheriff’s Office Makes Major Meth Bust
The Lafayette Parish Sheriff's Office has announced they have made a $1,000,000 drug bust.
After executing a search warrant in the 300 block of Rue Septembre, they recovered 11.9 pounds of the methamphetamine which the Drug Enforcement Agency would estimate is valued at a little over a million dollars.
Deputies also served a search warrant on a business in Scott in the 900 block of Westgate Boulevard in Scott.
A thirty-five year-old man named Shawn Labbe is facing a laundry list of charges.
Two other people were arrested including 30-year-old Ana Smith and 59-year-old Dallas Wade Bourque.
Bourque is only facing two charges including possession of methamphetamine and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Labbe and Smith are facing the following charges:
- Possession with the intent to distribute methamphetamine
- Possession with intent to distribute marijuana
- Possession with intent to distribute Oxycodone
- Possession with intent to distribute Alprozalam
- Possession with intent to distribute Ecstasy
- Possession with intent to distribute Vyvanse
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Possession of a firearm in the presence of controlled dangerous substances
Lafayette Parish Sheriff Mark Garber and Chief Deputy Carlos Stoute spent time congratulating the officers who took part in this operation.