Tasty Louisiana Food Festivals
We are blessed here in Louisiana with a plethora of great festivals. We celebrate everything from food to flowers, and we love all of them! Louisiana has over 400 festivals every year, with more being added as we speak. But do you know about these tasty, but little known food festivals? They are now definitely on my radar, thanks to the folks at Only in Louisiana!
- Mayfest - Leesville May 4 & 5. Vendors from all over the state, plus lots of arts and crafts and food booths
- St Bernard Tomato Festival - Chalmette May 4-6. Celebrating the kickoff of creole tomato season, this is the little sister to The French Market Creole Tomato Festival in June
- Grilling on the Main - Minden June 8 & 9 Everything you love about BBQ, with a Louisiana twist
- Tangi Taste Fest - Amite City June 15-17. Held on the grounds of the Tangipahoa Parish Fairgrounds, this event celebrates local farms and restaurants
- Beauregard Watermelon Festival - DeRidder June 29-30 at the Beauregard Parish Fairgrounds.Watermelon eating and spitting contests, plus lots of watermelon based dishes to enjoy
- Louisiana Sugar Cane Festival - New Iberia September 27-30th. This is a huge festival in Iberia Parish, with their tag line being 'Hi Sugar!' every year. Something sweet for everyone here, as we celebrate cane cutting season
- Bridge City Gumbo Festival - Bridge City October 12-14. Over 2,000 gallons of chicken and sausage and seafood gumbo served up over this fun weekend event.