Breaux Bridge Man Booked On Slew Of Drug Charges
A Breaux Bridge man is facing a laundry list of drug and firearm charges following a drug bust Tuesday.
St. Martin Parish Sheriff's spokeswoman Maj. Ginny Higgins said 31-year-old Kyle Jean-Batiste was arrested after undercover narcotics agent purchased marijuana from him.
The sheriff's office received reports of suspected illegal drug activity which prompted the investigation and i=undercover operation.
Agents recovered additional drugs from Jean-Batists's home on Ninth Street in Breaux Bridge. The recovered loot included: total of nearly two pounds of marijuana; a handgun with obliterated serial numbers, amphetamine tablets; and hydrocodone pills. The residence is located in three separate drug-free zones.
A vehicle was also seized during the investigation, after it was discovered to have been utilized to deliver and facilitate the sale of marijuana.
Jean-Batiste, a previously convicted felon, was booked into the St. Martin Parish Correctional Center on the following charges:
- Distribution of Schedule I CDS (Marijuana)
- Possession of Schedule II CDS (Amphetamine)
- Possession of Schedule III CDS (Hydrocodone)
- Violation of uniform CDS law; drug free zone (3 counts)
- Possession of a firearm in the presence of CDS
- Possession of a firearm by a person convicted of certain felonies
- Possession of a firearm with obliterated serial numbers
- Criminal Conspiracy