The Lafayette Fire Department responded to a small fire early Wednesday morning at the popular Lafayette restaurant, Ruffino's on The River.

When firefighters arrived, they located smoke and flames coming from the dumpster near the restaurant.

According to the LFD social media post, the structure of the building on Camellia Blvd in Lafayette was not damaged.  However, this type of fire should send a reminder to all.

As noted in their post on Facebook, you should never dispose of hot coals or ashes. It is best to let them cool down before disposing of them and it may also be a great idea to wet them down even if they are allowed to cool.

So, if you're a fan of this popular restaurant, take a deep breath and applaud the Lafayette Fire Department for their quick response as this could have been much worse.

By all indications, this small fire should not interfere with their normal business hours.

Here are photos from the scene as shared on the LFD Facebook page.

attachment-Screen Shot 2024-04-18 at 3.30.24 PM
attachment-Screen Shot 2024-04-18 at 3.30.18 PM
attachment-Screen Shot 2024-04-18 at 3.30.12 PM

Here's the post from the Lafayette Fire Department reminding all of us of fire safety when disposing of ashes or smoldering wood.


LOOK: Controversial songs from the year you were born

Stacker celebrates history's most boundary-pushing—and thereby controversial—songs from 1930 through today.

Gallery Credit: Stacker

More From Talk Radio 960 AM